Brick pavers are an excellent option for home or commercial construction. They offer a professional look, provide great functionality and come in many different designs to fit any style of landscape. What is most important when considering pavers is the patterns of brick pavers that they will be laid out in. It’s not just about the color or even the shape, but how it will flow with your property and what you want it to do. This article explores some of the most popular patterns for brick pavers so you can find one that works best with your plans.
Brick Pavers are an excellent choice for both residential homes as well as commercial properties; they give off a very professional appearance, offer great functionality and come in many different styles to fit anyone’s style preference. However, when choosing brick pavers it is important to consider the pattern that they will be laid out in as this can impact how your property looks and flows with you plans for the site. This article discusses some of the most popular patterns so that you are able to find one best suited for your project.
Different patterns of brick pavers you can create include the following:
– Herringbone –
Herringbone brick pavers are some of the most popular patterns of brick pavers due to their professional appearance, functionality and style. This pattern is great for both residential homes as well as commercial properties because it can be laid out in many different ways depending on your preference or needs. For example, this pattern may be laid out in a herringbone pattern to create an aesthetically pleasing walkway or you may lay it out in a straight line with the bricks staggered between each other for a more professional look.
– Running Bond –
Running bond brick pavers are another popular option because they offer great functionality and style while still being easy on the wallet. This pattern is typically laid out in a straight line, but it can be done with staggered brick paver joints as well to give your walkway or patio more of an aesthetic appeal.
– Stack Bond –
Many people choose stack bond pavers because they add dimension and interest to any outdoor space while still giving you the same functionality of other brick paver options. These patterns of brick pavers are laid out in a running bond fashion but has staggered joints to give your space more dimension and interest while still looking great.
– Basket Weave –
Basket weave pavers are similar to stack bonds because they also add dimension, texture and even color depending on the type of material you choose. These patterns of brick pavers are usually laid in a herringbone pattern to create an aesthetically pleasing walkway or patio while providing you with the same functionality of other options out there.
– Crosshatch –
Cross hatch patterns of brick pavers are another great choice because they provide texture and dimension at a reasonable price point, making them very appealing to many homeowners. These brick pavers are usually laid out in a basket weave pattern to create an aesthetically pleasing walkway or patio, but they can be done with staggered joints as well for more texture and interest.
These are only some of the most popular patterns for brick pavers that you may want to consider when it comes time to work on your outdoor space. To learn about more patterns of brick pavers and how you can use them in your home, contact a professional paver installer today!
How to install brick pavers:
– Select the area you will be laying your brick pavers in and mark it off with string or paint. – Excavate the existing soil to around six inches deep so that there is enough room for both sand and gravel when installing your new paver walkway. – Once this has been completed, add three to four inches of sand on top of the ground. – Next, add your gravel that is three-quarters inch in size to fill up any gaps between sand and make sure it looks even across the paver walkway area you are working with.
– Once this has been completed, check to ensure there are no large rocks or debris left behind before continuing onto step five.
– Add your brick paver sand base to the entire area you will be working with and use a rake to make sure it is even throughout the walkway or patio site. – Next, add one inch of compactable gravel on top of this sand base before beginning to lay out your patterns of brick pavers in whatever pattern you choose for them (i.e., herringbone, basket weave or crosshatch).
– Make sure that the pavers are all even throughout your design and then continue to add small amounts of proper joint sand between each brick paver until it is filled in completely before adding any sealant for protection against water damage. – If you want a more professional look with your brick paver walkway or patio, you may also want to consider adding a border around the outside of your design.
– Once this has been completed and any desired borders have been added, it is time for the final step: applying sealant to protect your new brick pavers from water damage!
Maintenance of brick pavers :
Maintaining your brick paver walkway is an easy process that you can do on your own. To ensure the best results when taking care of your new pavers, be sure to sweep them off every time it rains or snows until they are completely sealed in order to remove any dirt and debris before applying sealant. Once your paver walkway has been completely sealed, you can safely use any standard household cleaner to clean your pavers and remove dirt or grime that may have built up over time without worrying about damaging the sealant.
– If your brick pavers ever get a crack in them, be sure to fill it with an exterior grade silicone before applying sealant to protect it from any water damage that may result.
– To learn more about caring for your brick paver walkway, contact a professional paver sealing company.
Things to consider when buying brick pavers:
– Determine the overall look and feel you would like for your new pavers. – Take into consideration what kind of climate or weather conditions will be surrounding them on a regular basis (i.e., wind, rain, shade). – Speak with a professional about how to take care of and maintain the different patterns of brick pavers if needed before purchasing them.
– Make sure to get plenty of quotes from professional paver installers and hardscape supply stores about different patterns of brick pavers before making your final purchase!
Brick pavers are an excellent option for home or commercial construction. They offer a professional look, provide great functionality and come in many different patterns and designs to fit any style of landscape.
Brick pavers are a popular choice for many homeowners because they add texture and interest to any project. When it comes time to seal the brick, however, you may be overwhelmed with choices on what products will work best for your needs. To help make this decision easier, we’ve provided some of our most popular paver sealing product options by clicking here. For more information about these products or how to evaluate which is right for you, click here to compare our different paver sealing products or give us a call at 813-308-9202 with any questions or fill out our contact form by clicking here and one of our team members will reach out as soon as possible!